Based on the number of “oh no tomorrow is Monday” posts or “here we go it’s Monday” I know I’m not the only one that has dreaded Monday mornings. I’ve done quite a number of things over the past years to change my mindset and make Mondays better. Below are 5 things you can do to start loving Mondays.
- The first way to start loving Mondays is to prep on Saturday. Make Saturday morning your “get it together morning.” Make sure your house is clean, your laundry is done and everything is put away. Then you have the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday to relax. When Sunday night rolls around the only thing you need to do is prep your lunch for the next day, then relax. There’s nothing to stress about and that makes Monday mornings more tolerable.
- The second way to start loving Mondays is to get an early start. For clarity I AM NOT a morning person but I’ve been trying to get a earlier start. I would much rather stay up late and get my stuff done but it hasn’t been working well with two little kids. Getting up before my kids give me the luxury of drinking my tea in peace, packing my lunch for the day and listening to some music or a podcast without needing to tend to my two kids. Maybe you are a yoga person or you need the few minutes to meditate. This also prepares you to not rush to work. No rushing = no stress. It gives you the time to start your morning in peace.
- The third way to start loving Mondays is to make Monday a fun day that you can look forward to. Whether you make it a weekly girls night out, a date night or just a night you cook a nicer dinner it needs to be something you enjoy and look forward to.
- The fourth way to start loving Mondays is to stop complaining – I’m not going all woo woo on you but positive thinking can change your mindset. Mondays are going to keep coming around. Make it a positive thing and look at it as a new start for things you want to accomplish or couldn’t finish last week.
- The fifth way to start loving Mondays is to make a reasonable to do list and challenge yourself to be productive. Mondays are your most productive day of the week and productivity drops after that.
Take advantage of being refreshed from the weekend and start your week strong! When you have a good Monday it will carry over to Tuesday and beyond. Being in a great mood every Monday will do wonders to your state of mind.